Usage guide for Compositing with Carbon Basic
From left to right:
- Color controls - select the edge color, solid or filled, line thickness, fill color.
Alt Fill sets alternate fill mode, which fills alternate regions. When disabled the
entire figure is filled. The Drawing tab has controls
for up to 16 fill colors, and curved lines.
- Figure angle - rotates the figure within the frame. It is the frame that gets elongated,
and the polygon will be stretched to touch the edges of the frame.
- Sides - number of sides, eg 4 is a rectangle, 5 is a pentangle.
- Skips - The number of vertices to skip over when drawing each line. for example, 5 sides
with 0 skips draws a pentangle (pentagon), setting skips to 1 draws a 5 sided star.
- Shape - top button stretches vertically, bottom button shrinks vertically. Left button
shrinks horizontally, right button stretches horizontally. The center button sets the
height to the width for a symetrical shape.
Note: vertical and horizontal are referenced to the unrotated frame. Rotating the frame
rotates these axes, so at 90 degrees "vertical" becomes horizontal.
- Frame angle - the entire shape is rotated. First elongate one dimension with the shape
control (below) then rotate the shape - the elongation rotates. For symetrical shapes
this has the same effect as rotating the figure.
- Alignment - designates the "hot spot" of the shape.
- Readouts - these display the 5 values used for drawing. Mostly used for debugging, but also
useful for duplicating another line.
- Size - controls the length of the line.
- Position - this controls the location of the other end of the line.
moving - position mouse to inside figure frame ( cursor appears), drag figure to new location.